Sustainability Policy for Avanton Ltd
Alongside creating beautiful homes for people to live in and enjoy, we at Avanton also focus our efforts to demonstrate our sincere care for the natural environment and communities we live, build and work in. Our aim is to continuously make positive, sustainable contributions and to lead in a viable way whether be it in design and development, contribution to our local communities, organization of CSR events or establishment of relationships with charities.
Our main points of focus for 2020-2021:
- Seek to produce homes which support a sustainable lifestyle with each project’s design being scrutinized with regard to how future tenants will not only enjoy their properties but live in lasting communities.
- Build energy and water efficient homes that allow affordable living and integrate renewable technologies where possible.
- Promote and operate carbon reducing processes internally as well as encouraging contractors to adopt these practices across our development projects.
- Reduce construction waste through prudent design, specification, and construction procedures, whilst ensuring the recycling and reuse of raw materials when feasible.
- Create forward-looking infrastructure which encourages green transport methods.
- Aspire to protect and enhance the ecological balance and biodiversity of our projects.
- Positively affect the socio-economic environment in which we operate, considering each London borough’s long-term plan and targets within our development process.
- Create a long-term strategy for supporting the local communities that we operate in, helping charitable organizations achieve their vision for the area.
- Partner with local community organizations to fully understand their needs and assist them with their plans.
- Attempt to arrange quarterly corporate social responsibility events attended by all staff members, aimed at promoting awareness of a cause supported by Avanton.
- Carefully select each consultant engaged with for our development projects to ensure alignment with our company policy in all areas, ranging from employee diversification to the supplier selection process.
- Carefully research and evaluate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues before deciding to continue with an investment opportunity.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Avanton will endeavor to support the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We have specifically selected the five goals to align our interests with as we believe we have the capacity to consistently support them throughout our business activity. We support all seventeen SDGs but realise that we are often unable to influence all of them throughout our operation.
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy.
Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment, and decent work for all.
Reduce inequality within and among countries.
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.